The MX player has been a revelation in the video entertainment industry since its very conception. It was a significant development in an era when most of the playback systems were malfunctioning, unable to adapt to the increasing complications in the video formats. This application is one of the pioneers in intensive video playback services in mobile devices and has henceforth been a shining light in this industry. Furthermore, the integration of online streaming services has also firmly placed this application as one of the frontrunners in the video-based entertainment industry.
However, nothing is perfect in this world, and similarly, the MX Player also has a few flaws and problems associated with it. Most of these problems are associated with the mainframe, resulting from optimization and modification bugs. Although the error messages seem quite complicated and indecipherable, these can be fixed easily with a few handy tweaks to the system. In this article, we shall be discussing the variety of errors you can encounter while using the MX player app, as well as including step-by-step guidelines for fixing these problems.
Introduction to MX Player
The South Korea-based J2 Interactive groups were the developers and sole operators of the MX Player service. The Times Group later bought it in a deal worth 140 million U.S. dollars. In 2019, they revamped the MX Player as a video streaming application. It has a massive user-base of over three hundred million users in India and more than a billion internationally.
Features of MX Player
A gross overview of the MX Player application sheds light on a variety of innovative features. A detailed description of these features is given below.
- It is an online and offline media player which supports an extensive library of file formats.
- Online streaming services, especially appealing to the Indian youth.
- Vibrant and youth-centric original productions available in up to 20 Indian languages.
- The service is supported by advertisements and thus doesn’t require a premium of subscription-based payments.
These innovative features aside, a few minor bugs and flaws do arise from time to time. Let’s understand how we can fix a few of these common errors.
Fix MX Player Common Errors
The following section is dedicated to describing the common problems as well as user-friendly solutions for them.
1. No audio
While MX Player supports most video and audio formats, some audio formats, namely AC3 and MLP codecs, are no longer supported in the latest version, due to copyright issues.
- Download the custom codecs from the internet.
- Install these codecs using the decoder option in the MX Player settings.
- You should now be able to play your videos with perfect audio.
2. No video playback while streaming
While trying to watch online streams, the video gets stuck at the beginning without any buffering or loading process in the background.
- Open MX Player settings and go to the Player sub-option.
- Uncheck the ‘stop other players’ option.
- Go to the Decoder sub-option under settings and disable any decoder.
- The issue with your paused video should be resolved now.
3. Audio and video out of sync
Due to video editing and post-editing issues, the audio and video may appear to be offset in the final video.
- Open MX Player settings and go to the Decoder sub-option.
- Set the decoder to HW+ or S/W decoder.
- Go back to settings and go to the Audio sub-option.
- Click on synchronization.
- Manually synchronize the video to the subtitles (if available) by adding of reducing the delay.
All in all, the MX player is an excellent option for video playback and streaming. Although there are a fair few issues with this device, the robust services make up for it. It is thus a highly recommended video player to have at your disposal.