MX Player is one of the most popular video players in the world. It is used by over 500 million users globally, 350 million in India itself. In fact, it topped a May 2019 study in the customer loyalty segment with 21%.
MX Player was created by South Korean company J2 Interactive as an offline video player. In June 2018, it was acquired by Times Internet of India and released as an OTT video streaming service on February 20, 2019, here. For now, the world enjoys the offline service only.
Best Features of MX Player
MX Player has quite some features that make it stand out among others, like :
- Hardware acceleration for boosted and smooth video playing.
- Multi-core Decoding for battery and performance optimization.
- In-play Zoom and Pan to zoom or pan a video while playing it.
- Audio and Video playback and streaming both.
- Player Controls with finger gestures for easy control of video.
- Subtitles that can be scrolled and zoomed with gestures.
- Built-in Lock to protect your phone’s contents.
- Customisations to make the interface conducive to users.
How to Use MX Player | Download & Install
MX Player has a smooth, user-friendly interface that is easy to adjust according to your preferences. Some of the most common settings and configurations are :
- First opening the app takes you to the Local tab showing the files on your device. The bottom bar also has tabs to the Video screen for online content, Music screen for songs on Gaana(also owned by Times), and the Me button for access to your profile.
- Toggle between List and Grid views by the first button on the top right.
- Search for a local file by the adjacent magnifying glass icon.
- The triple-dot icon on the extreme right opens the menu. Here, Refresh allows adding new files. Network stream allows streaming any video using URL. The equalizer lets you control audio and video sound. View lets you choose which files and folders to show and how to sort. From Fields, choose what information to view with each file.
- Select under menu allows you to select files and perform actions on them.
- Under Settings, choose how to view the media list and make changes to the graphic interface. Use Decoder to set video decode preferences, Audio to turn on the audio player function, Subtitle to set subtitle folder, language, coding and appearance, and General to modify settings like list editing, history, thumbnails, etc.
- Under Video, you can watch TV and web shows, movies, music, news, etc. under respective tabs.
These encompass the basic guide to using MX Player on your phone. You can also use it on a PC using an Android emulator. Its easy-to-use interface, besides versatility, makes it a favorite among users. You can bookmark our website for more tutorials related to MX player and other video players.