MX player is one of the best media players for Android devices. Some even consider it the best one out there. While that might not be the exact truth, MX player being an amazing media player remains a fact. It is feature-rich, easy to use, very customizable, and, most importantly, free to use. Yes, it does contain ads, and there is a premium version without them, but the free version is just as good and ads are not intrusive.
If you have been searching the internet for a guide on how to install MX player onto your Android TV device, well, look no further. In this article, we will cover the whole installation process to help you install MX player onto your Android TV.
Before Installing MX Player on your Android TV
Before you can install MX player onto your Android TV device you will have to change a single setting on your device. Follow these steps to enable it:
- – First head into Settings.
- – Once you have opened the Settings menu, click on the Security tab.
- – Click the Unknown Sources option and make sure that it is turned on
That is it. You are now ready to install MX player onto your Android TV device.
Installing MX Player on Android TV | Easy Way
For this method, you will need to have the ES File Explorer app installed. If you do not, just do a quick search online on how to install it, it should not take more than a few minutes. Once you have ES File Explorer installed, you are ready to install MX Player.
- Download the MX player apk file to your PC or smartphone from a trusted website.
- Save the apk file on cloud storage, such as Google Drive or Dropbox.
- Now go to your Android TV, open the ES File Explorer app, and click on the Networks option from the sidebar.
- Choose the Cloud option and click on the New button in the top right corner.
- Select the cloud option you used to store the MX player apk and log into it using the ES File Explorer app.
- When you have logged in successfully, click on the cloud service and locate the MX player apk file.
- Click on the file to download it to your Android TV device.
- A pop-up window will now show, allowing you to choose the Install option.
- Wait for the installation to finish.
Now you can enjoy all the features from the feature-rich MX media player app. A large number of streaming services can be used with the MX player app, and some of them will not even work without it. So it is a great choice to install it onto your Android TV device. Now you can enjoy all those services.