The recently revamped MX Player application for Android has had countrywide success within a very short time, taking the Indian market by storm. The venture initially started as a multimedia player for the Android platform and has gained great success in that regard. It provided a very efficient service, with it being able to support even the most heavy-duty file format on the android operating system.
The MX player came to the fore when the world was shifting from the smaller media formats, like.3gp, for mobile devices to the larger .mp3 and .mp4 media files.
This media player served as a huge boon as it was one of the very few options available which could support these large file formats, without significantly slowing down the system. The MX Player has gained an even larger fan-base after its recent developments, whereby an advertisement – aided free online streaming platform was incorporated in the application.
This has proved to be a masterstroke by the developers, especially with the online streaming market being such an immensely popular and highly progressive market.
The success of such a service though depends hugely on the content that is being provided. Unsurprisingly, the company has also nailed that part, producing shows in over 20 Indian languages. The original productions are fresh and have a youthful vibe to them, which has greatly appealed to the Indian youth. Along with that they also have acquired licenses to reproduce dubbed versions of regional shows, such that language won’t ever be a barrier for the subscribers to their service.
All of these facilities have made MX Player a household name, and it’s is giving even the big players in the market, like Netflix and Amazon Prime, a run for their money. All in all, it is a very power-packed application and is destined to be a frontrunner in the streaming market for years to come.
Introduction to the MX Player For PC
The application was initially developed by the J2 Interactive group and is currently entirely owned by the Times Internet group. It has acquired more than three hundred million users in India, and a few hundred billion more internationally, to stand as one of the giants in the game of multimedia as a whole.
Advantages of the MX Player For PC over other media players
Taking a much more detailed look into the functionality of the MX Player, the following distinct positive points can be noted.
- Its offline media player, which seamlessly supports files of even the most obscure file formats.
- The online streaming service, which covers a majority of the most common Indian languages, having a great appeal towards Indian audiences.
- Fresh and vibrant productions to which the target audience can relate.
- At present, the service is advertising-supported, and hence most productions are can be availed free of cost.
- This is a very welcome innovation to the field of online streaming, where prices are sometimes at a premium.
These significant positives make up for the few drawbacks it the core structure of the applications, and makes it worthwhile to invest your phone memory and time into acquiring this service.
How to Download & Install MX Player for PC | Windows 7,8 & 10
One of the major drawbacks of the MX Player is that it has no facilities for cross-platform service. The service is released for android systems only. However, you can still access the MX player in your Windows PC by following the steps below.
- Download an Android emulator for Windows. Bluestacks is a very popular option for that and is highly recommended.
- Install the emulator application by following the steps as instructed by the installation wizard.
- Once installed, connect to the internet and search for the MX player app on the Play Store application provided in the emulator software.
- Click on the download button associated with the MX player app, and it will be installed. You can now access it via your emulator software.
- Alternatively, you can also download the .apk file for MX Player from an external source, and use the emulator to install it onto your system.
Following the steps to the T, should result in a hassle-free installation, and smooth streaming experience on your personal computer. You are ready to now shift your streaming experience from your handheld device, onto the larger screen.