Entertainment comes in a variety of forms and formats based on the preferences of the multitude of people from different walks of life. Whether it is singing, reading, globetrotting, and so on, people have been engaging in numerous activities for their entertainment. However, in modern times, there has been a massive spurt in popularity towards the usage of video content as entertainment. This increase has also led to many significant innovations in the film and video-based entertainment scene.
These innovations include online streaming of films and television-based shows, interactive video content, and even multi-dimensional videos, extending up to seven dimensions. All of these modifications to video content have also increased the number of video formats and their specifications. This situation has, therefore, put tremendous stress on applications with video playback capabilities to introduce modifications in their mainframe to support all the different video services. Many of the mainstream media-playing services are not able to fulfill all the comforts of modern spectators. Fortunately, there is a particular video player which is jam-packed with all the necessities of a current video service provider. The video player in question is the MX Player for Windows.
The MX Player has been revolutionary, becoming one of the first video players to be integrated with a video streaming service. While it was initially released a video player for Android with the sole purpose of being an all-purpose playback device, it has become much more. It has acquired licenses for video content in over 20 Indian languages, as well as producing original local and regional online content. Its popularity is such that it even gives the big companies like Netflix and Amazon Prime a run for their money.
Introduction to MX Player
The founders and developers of the video player application were the J2 Interactive group. However, it was brought by The Times Group in a deal worth 140 million U.S. dollars. They introduced the video streaming service in 2019 garnering over three hundred million users in India and more than a billion internationally.
Features of MX Player
A detailed look into the functionality of the MX Player brings out the following essential functions.
- An offline media player with extensive support for numerous file formats.
- An online streaming services, specially designed according to the tastes of the Indian target audience.
- Vibrant and youth-centric original productions to which the target audience can relate.
- Most importantly, the service is free and advertisement-aided. This service is a welcome addition in capitalist industry.
These innovative features are very well integrated. However, there is one significant drawback in that only support for the Android OS is provided. Let’s see how we can overcome this problem.
How to Run MX Player for Windows PC | Download & Install
The android version of the MX Player can be optimized for the Windows PC as per the following steps.
- Download and install an Android emulator for Windows.
- Once installed, search for the MX player app on the Play Store application, over the internet, via the emulator software.
- Once found, download the MX player app, and it will be installed. You can access it via your emulator software.
- Alternatively, you can also download the .apk file for MX Player from an external source, and use the emulator to install it onto your system.
After following these steps, the MX player should be easily integrated with the Windows Operating System. You should be able to enjoy the same experience you had on your mobile device, on a much larger scale.